Emergencies & Maintenance
All maintenance reports are logged by time and date and attended to as soon as possible.
You can do this by;
- During office hours 9-5 office landline 01159939600 / email / text / phone call to mobile 07723 317195.
- For emergencies only - call the mobile at the weekend or text. 07723 317195. The phone will probably not be answered as we are not working just on cover.
- Always leave a message we do not return missed calls it is not practical.
- If you smell gas, call out The National Grid immediately. They will handle any required cutting off to allow us time to get an engineer out to you. There is no charge for this by The National Grid.
- Homematch visit every six months to assess any maintenance required on the house, at a conveniently arranged appointment. The landlord will then be advised and we take our direction from them as we do requests for upgrades to the property.
What is classed as an emergency?
A situation which poses an immediate risk to health, life, property or environment. Emergencies require urgent intervention to prevent a worsening of the situation
i.e. A hazdardous situation; gas, water leak, fire etc or major damage to the house.
- If any of these need the emergency services it is your responsibility to call them.
- If a water leak turn off the water at the stop cock.
- If the emergency is as a result of any action(s) taken by the tenant that caused the problem, any resulting costs are the responsibility of the tenant. This includes damage to the property. If you cause the damage you have to pay for it.
- In the case of your causing damage to the property you still need to inform Homematch as soon as possible by a method above and if you do not report it and it causes more damage due to extra repair work required you will be held responsible.
- Any work has to be authorised by Homematch in any circumstances unless it is the emergency services.
- The landlord has the right to have one of his qualified agents to do the work to ensure a suitable standard.